Latest Covid Update 06/10/20 – Clubhouse Re-opening
Latest Update for Members 6.10.20
At a meeting of the full committee on Monday 5th October it was agreed as from 12 noon on Wednesday the 7th October 2020 that the clubhouse bar will re-open under new DRINK-SAFE conditions.
This decision was taken following a comprehensive review of current COVID 19 advice and restrictions for our region, risk assessment, consultation with England Golf and legal advice from the National Golf Clubs’ Advisory Association.
The driving factors behind this decision are firstly to ensure our members, guests and visitors have a comprehensive level of service from the club, albeit with some limitations, delivered in a safe and welcoming environment. We hope members will continue to support their club and its staff by using our bar facilities as much as they can during these difficult times for the hospitality sector. Together we can succeed in ensuring a sustainable future for our club.
New DRINK-SAFE measures will be as follows:
· The current bar capacity of 40 persons maximum, 10 tables of 4, will be reduced to 24 persons all to be on single seated tables only. Members, guests or visitors from the same household or support bubble may share a table with prior agreement of the Bar Manager.
· As Saturdays and Sundays have been traditionally our busiest days, and because of the limited bar capacity, bar access time will be linked to each playing group dependent on their pre-booked tee time. Each individual person will be limited to up-to 40 minutes bar time. The committee does understand however that there will need to be some flexibility in this approach and to its timings due to differing factors which may affect the pace of play.
· During the week, Tuesday to Friday, the bar will be accessible to all golfers with a pre-booked tee time and non-playing customers on a first come first served basis, with no limited stay and subject to a table being free.
· Entrance, and exit, in and out of the bar, will be via the patio doors only.
· Table service only will be in operation.
· Facemasks must always be worn in all areas of the clubhouse, unless a legitimate exemption outlined in government advice applies, or when you are seated at a table.
· Any member wishing to use the toilet facilities must firstly put on their face mask and exit the bar through the patio doors and take the outside route past the club shop and access the toilets through the main locker room entrances. If returning to the bar the same route reversed must be followed. Access to the toilets is strictly ‘one at a time’ only. Please always maintain social distancing.
· Smoking will not be allowed in or around the entrances and patio area. Smokers must use the main car park area to smoke while maintaining social distancing.
· Existing NHS track and trace procedures will continue. The club are also displaying the NHS QR code for those wishing to use this method of contact tracing.
· Prior to re-opening, all areas of the clubhouse and bar will undergo a thorough clean. Frequent cleaning of equipment and surfaces regularly touched including counters, tills, etc
will be undertaken. Customer tables and chairs will be sanitised after use and before the arrival of the next person to be seated. Doors will be wedged open where appropriate to reduce touchpoints. Windows will be opened to allow natural ventilation of the bar and restaurant.
· The club will be providing and positioning hand sanitiser around all areas of the clubhouse and bar for members, guests, and visitors to use.
· Good hygiene posters promoting hand washing advice will be placed in washrooms.
Chairman John Walvin on behalf of HLSGC Committee