HOUGHTON LE SPRING GOLF CLUB NERGA INTER TEAM (HCP 8-15) 2018
• A match day consists of 7 Clubs of 8 players playing a stableford, handicap qualifying competition off the white tees. From these 8 players the best 7 scores are added together and this becomes the Club score for the day’s competition. Each Club is then allocated league points on the day from 7pts down to 1pt and at the end of all the Zone matches it is the 2 Clubs with the most League points who qualify to play in the finals at Ramside
• WEARSIDE SATURDAY 14th April 9.00am
• RAVENSWORTH SUNDAY 13th May 10.30am
• ROSEBERRY GRANGE SATURDAY 19th May 10.00am
• HOUGHTON SATURDAY 16th JUNE 10.30am
• PARKLANDS SUNDAY 1st JULY 12.00.pm
• SOUTH MOOR SATURDAY 21st JULY 9.00am
• CROOK SATURDAY AUGUST 4th 10.30am
• STOCKSFIELD SUNDAY 26th AUGUST 11.00am
• To be eligible for team selection please sign up on the competition board in the changing rooms or simply inform Dave Bryson of your availability for the matches by SUNDAY 4th MARCH 2018.
• If having signed up you become unavailable for selection please inform Dave Bryson by text. It is intended that all communication will be by text and through the club Facebook /website.
• The TEAM OF 8 (plus reserves) will be selected from the sign up list 2 weeks prior to the competition and posted on the club Facebook /website, the competition notice board and texted to the selected players.
• For the first match the best 8 performing players from last season available will be selected.
• For the next 2 matches as many of the players not playing in match one as are available will be selected so ideally everyone will have played in one of the first 3 matches.
• For the fourth match which is at home the best players from the first 3 matches will be selected.
• One criteria for selection will be to enable all players who sign up over the 8 matches to play in at least one.
• The 2 players with the best scores from the previous match will gain automatic selection for the next match if available, although this might not be possible for the first 3 matches if we have a squad of over 20.
• Tee times will be posted as soon as they are available but are only confirmed by NERGA 48 hours prior to the competition.
• Please turn up at least 30 minutes before your tee time.
• Cost is £11 per match payable to the local organiser on the day. The only exception being the home fixture where we would appreciate if all team members could bring a raffle prize instead of paying an entry fee.
• The competition average stableford points score last season was 29 points
• Team uniform is not compulsory but it does look fantastic when team members are able to turn up in red team polo shirts (available by special order from Dave Bryson through our pro shop) with black trousers/shorts.
• Individual Trophy. On finals day one player will represent the club .To qualify the player must play in a minimum of 3 fixtures during the season. The calculation will be made from the best 3 Stableford scores total. In the event of a tie the 4th score to count will be used to determine the highest placed player. If the player is not available to attend then the Club will nominate a replacement.
• If you are interested or require any further information do not hesitate to contact me.
DAVE BRYSON (INTERS) firstname.lastname@example.org 07951656329